We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
However, we have to know the enormous benefit that aromatics and flowers have in the garden, not only because of their spring color, or because of their magical smells, but also because many of them serve as a pest control tool in the garden. Many of them are beneficial to attract pollinators and many others are repellants of certain pests or insects that we are not interested in in the garden.
So, for those who have always thought that aromatics were not important, I bring this little information. I made seedlings of aromatic plants that I use, there are more kinds and more types of them, but I only planted these, perhaps in the future I will do over others.
Other aromatic plants even serve us in the garden and in the kitchen, so they are almost more interesting than the vegetables themselves.
Another one that I did not make a seedbed but if I have already planted last year is mint, which repels aphids and if we plant it at the limits of the garden it stops the entry of ants, but be very careful with it, since it is invasive ! and we will get all over the garden, it is almost better to have it in a pot.
What did you think? Do you have aromatics in the garden? It is easy to know how to make an aromatic seedbed, but also remember that they are plants that take a long time to germinate.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/viFlqojgv_4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Lavender: It gives off a lot of smell and attracts pollinators to the garden, apart there is a lavender preparation to kill the ants, with 300gr / 1 liter of boiling water.
- Rosemary: It is repellent for pests, mosquitoes, flies ... even something toxic for some caterpillars. The strong aroma of rosemary is an excellent flea repeller. Rosemary, in addition to its antiseptic properties, keeps the carrot fly and chrysomela away from the beans. Culinary use, pickles.
- Basil: It helps us with pests, it is very common to plant it among peppers and tomatoes, to scare away insects, it is also a plant that associates very well with tomatoes, which will improve their growth. Culinary use.
- Thyme: Thyme like other aromatics attracts beneficial bees and repels harmful insects. For example, in the garden it repels flies that attack cabbages. Medicinal Plant: for the head. Culinary use: pickles.
- Oregano: This plant attracts pollinators to the garden with its smell. Culinary use
- Parsley: It is for culinary use.
Tony's La Huertina