Here Fumiko Hirahara from the Food Function Research Department of the National Institute of Health and Nutrition told us about the following components and effects of mulberry leaf.
Components and effects of the blackberry leaf
The blackberry leaf contains 1-DNJ, which is a structure very similar to that of glucose. This substance was discovered because it has an effect to inhibit the elevation of the blood glucose level.
How we see the blackberry leaf has a very good component for health and very peculiar, it is also on the list of our healthy foods that we should consume.
The nutritional value of the blackberry leaf depends on the variety of blackberry that we consume, more relatively based on the amount of good quality rich proteins and mineral salts it contains.
Inhibits the rise in blood glucose rate
Generally, sugar, starch, and polysaccharides end up being broken down and absorbed in the small intestine of the human body. The structure, as it is very similar to that of glucose, is linked with the enzymes that break down these sugars before glucose.
As a result, the enzymes are believed to have inhibited sugar breakdown activities, curbing the absorption of sugar in the small intestine, inhibiting the sudden rise in the blood glucose rate, and preventing obesity.
Effect of stimulating insulin release and normalization of the glycemic rate
The structure of this leaf, as we have said before, has the effect of improving the glycemic rate and also stimulating and accelerating the release of insulin. This DNJ structure is expected to prevent diabetes in the future with its flavonoids, also contained in the leaf, improving the ailments related to this sedentary lifestyle.
Normalizes and inhibits high blood pressure
In the studies that have been carried out in mice, the positive effect that the blackberry leaf has in the role of inhibiting hypertension was verified. Aminobutyric acid is known to have the effect of lowering blood pressure, and blackberry leaf also contains this acid which is believed to confer this hypotensive effect.
Improves the rate of cholesterol and fat
Experiments with rabbits showed that the blackberry leaf improves the level of cholesterol and fat in the blood. It has also been investigated on the prevention of arteriosclerosis due to the antioxidant effect of the flavonoids contained in this leaf.
Improves liver and kidney function
The mulberry leaf has been found to have the effect of inhibiting the accumulation of fat and cholesterol in the liver and will improve the functioning of the kidneys and the liver itself.
Inhibits the accumulation of fat in the body and the increase of volume of fat eliminated
It has been verified that the mice that received the mulberry leaf administration eliminated a greater amount of fat in the stool and reduced body fat, mainly inhibiting the accumulation of fat in the viscera and thus avoiding obesity.
Prevents the appearance of cancer
According to experiments carried out in mice, it was found that the effect of the mulberry leaf inhibits the appearance of cancer.
Improves constipation and has a regulating effect on the intestine
The mulberry leaf contains a large amount of dietary fiber. It is believed that the sugar that was not digested and absorbed was thanks to this suture that is similar to that of glucose, called DNJ, which inhibits the excessive absorption of sugar by the small intestine thus facilitating intestinal transit and improving blood circulation. belly pressure.
The regulatory effect of the intestines has also been reported in rats that also received extraction of the mulberry leaf, decreasing the harmful bacilli without affecting the beneficial bacilli, thus maintaining the intestinal flora in good condition.
Bactericidal effect and others
Studies have revealed that the mulberry leaf has the effect of inhibiting the proliferation of fungi, as well as the bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect. The dried mulberry leaf contains a large amount of calcium.
The absorption rate of calcium contained in vegetables is not very high, but if you want the mulberry leaf together with minerals such as magnesium, lactic acid, and acid, the absorption will be better, thus preventing osteoporosis.
Several studies were carried out in the most diverse areas such as: anemia prevention, skin whitening effect, trichogenic effect and delaying the advance of aging.
Other positive effects of blackberry leaf
- Diabetes, as the blackberry leaf has a structure that inhibits the rate of glucose at the same time, it releases insulin naturally.
- Kidneys and liver, improve the functioning of the liver and kidneys by inhibiting the accumulation of fat and cholesterol in these organs.
- Osteoporosis, has 22 times more calcium than milk, in addition to containing more potassium, magnesium and natural iron, protein, fiber, zinc and yeast.
- Obesity, inhibits the accumulation of fat in the body and increases the volume of fat eliminated, mainly inhibiting the accumulation of fat in the pen, thus avoiding obesity.
- Blood circulation, by improving the levels of cholesterol and fat in the blood.
- Hypertension, effect of normalization and inhibition of arterial elevation, due to its aminobutyric acid, which is a hypotensive
- Hormone regulator in menopause, regulates hormones acting effectively on the symptoms of menopause.
- Immunization against cancer, according to study and experience, the blackberry leaf has properties that inhibit the appearance or emergence of cancer.
- Regulator of the intestines, has a large amount of dietary fiber and other properties facilitating intestinal transit and improving constipation. In most cases, most people with this disease have a greater improvement.
- Baldness, in addition to the properties presented above by the delay tea, the ribs treatment and prevention of baldness, revitalizing the circulation in the scalp, the youthfulness of the hair, and progressively inhibiting hair loss
Health to the max