Initiallyit was believed to be toxic, as it is surrounded by two hard shells between which there is a dark oil that is very irritating to the skin and mucous membranes. This is the explanation of why the Cashew Chestnut is always marketed peeled and cooked, since both shells are removed by means of a heat treatment that neutralizes the possible adverse effects of the oil.
Cashew nuts are a valuable source of unsaturated fatty acids, which help balance cholesterol and triglyceride levels, benefiting cardiovascular health.
It is an antioxidant and favors the restoration of calcium in the bones. They are also attributedaphrodisiac properties.
Due to its richness in magnesium and vitamins of group B, it is usually recommended in case of:irritability, nervousness, depression, and abnormal physical tiredness or weakness.
hishigh energy intake makes it necessary to consume in moderation. According to experts, 2 to 4 units per day per person is sufficient.
Like almost all nuts, it can cause allergies in sensitive people.
Cashew Chestnuts are shaped like a "C". Its flavor is sweet and buttery, very similar to peanuts. The color varies between whitish and light brown, depending on the heat used in the extraction process of the shells.
Store them in tightly closed glass jars in a dry, cool and dark place. This will prevent them from getting rusty easily.
Cashew Chestnuts are used to make nougat, chocolates, cakes, stuffed pasta, etc. And also to imitate the creamy texture of dairy in vegan dishes.
Roasted and salty, they are very popular as a snack.
Some of the benefits of cashew nuts They are:
- They are rich in tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin and helps you feel good.
- They have 0% cholesterol.
- They are packed with nutrients. Minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper and manganese stand out.
- They have vitamin E and B.
- It is a great source of fiber.
- They strengthen your bones thanks to magnesium.
- Some research shows that they help regulate blood sugar levels.
- They have lower fat content compared to other nuts.
- They are rich in monounsaturated fat.
- They help to maintain good dental hygiene by eliminating some bacteria that lead to cavities.
Go ahead and try them in salads, as a mid-afternoon snack or in any way you want!
My Natural Doctor