Find out what foods are allowed for your pets and what is better to avoid so as not to cause digestive disorders.
The holidays are here, there are delicious meals and it is common that we want to treat our best friends a little. However, not everything we eat is suitable for them. In fact, many of the foods we eat can be toxic to animals, so it is it is important to know which ones are allowed.
In order to avoid a bad time with your pet, World Animal Protection It details the foods that are recommended to give (or not) during these holidays:
- Try to avoid turkey or pork. Not that they are bad or toxic, but they are sometimes cooked with a lot of fat. In addition, it happens that what is generally given to the animal are the remains, which can generate pancreatitis, that is, a very painful and even fatal inflammation.
- In the case of dogs, they are omnivores, that is, they can eat foods that have meat and others that do not. Cats are more carnivorous, therefore, you should give them enough animal protein, as they need it. Dogs, for example, could eat rice, potatoes, carrots. The important thing is that they do not contain fats or seasonings and make sure with the veterinarian of give the necessary amount of nutrients.
- Foods not recommended: chocolate, raisins, grapes, fat, dairy products and alcohol (be very careful not to leave it within reach since animals cannot digest it and it is very dangerous for them).
- Be careful with nuts and peanuts. They can eat a little peanuts and almonds as long as it is in small quantities because they are high in fat, which can cause vomiting or diarrhea.
- If they ate something that they didn't like (for example, they stole something from the table), call the vet or take him to the office because we don't know how much he ingested. It is better to make sure if the animal is at risk and to know what to do in that case. In this way, we can act on time and help you recover as soon as possible.
- Do not give them food without consulting the professional first.
- Alert to those who are present what are the foods that they should not give to the pet.
The care applies not only to dogs and cats. If you have other types of animals at home, it is important to remember that there are specialized foods. Each species has its needs. If we have more doubts about what food to give to species other than dogs or cats, the ideal is to consult a veterinarian. Now that you know how to feed your best friends during the holidays, enjoy their company and share the arrival of the new year with all the love they have to give you!
By Jezebel Handel
World Animal Protection.
Let's also remember the problem of pyrotechnics: