This exquisite recipe will convince all diners, even if they are not all vegan, that is, a carnivore can perfectly eat these tacos and take advantage of eating a little less meat.
It is a basic filling preparation inspired by Mexican cuisine, easy to modify to taste.
Chickpeas always go well in these recipes and fine textured soy (make sure it's organic) nutritionally enriches the dish, thickening and adding a touch of mincemeat texture, something that will also appeal to "non-vegans."
The key to this spectacular recipe is in the seasonings, in this case a little spicy.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Red onion 1
- Garlic cloves 1
- Ground cumin 5 g
- Sweet paprika 5 g
- Ground cinnamon 2 g
- Dried oregano 5 g
- Chipotle chili in adobo 1
- Natural chopped tomato 400 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Cooked chickpeas 420 g
- Fine textured soy 60 ml
- Vegetables soup
- Ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- It is a dish that takes 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
- Soak the textured soybeans in water or broth, covering it.
- Chop the onion and garlic clove.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil and cook the onion over low heat with a pinch of salt.
- Then add the garlic, spices and minced chili with part of the marinade to taste.
- Later add to the preparation, the tomato and a pinch of sugar, stirring well.
- Add the chickpeas, mix gently and add the drained textured soybeans. Adjust by eye according to the amount we like.
- Season with salt and pepper and add broth or water if necessary.
- Cook 10 minutes over low heat until reduced. It should be thick, without much liquid.
- Salt if missing and add a little more spices to taste at the end
- Serve and enjoy!