As you well know, one of the main challenges that people with diabetes face is controlling blood glucose. Not only does high sugar levels make the condition worse, it can lead to other serious health problems. According to statements from the American Diabetes Association, one of the most important aspects to consider in the management of this disease is diet; That is why it is always recommended that diabetics enhance the consumption of key foods and ingredients within their diet.
Precisely, here we will be talking about two very common ingredients that are attributed excellent antidiabetic properties: garlic and lemon.
Extensive research has discussed the healthful properties of garlic and lemon , and how both can benefit people with diabetes.
On the one hand, lemon, rich in vitamin C, soluble fiber and other healthy compounds, exhibits antioxidant, anti-hyperglycemic, cardio-protective and slimming properties. Drinking lemon juice every day is considered effective for regulating blood glucose levels, lowering blood pressure values, lowering cholesterol, speeding up metabolism, facilitating the digestion of food, activating fat burning, and fighting damage. oxidative. [two]
For its part, garlic, rich in allicin and other organosulfur compounds, also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-hyperglycemic action in the body. Consuming raw garlic is one of the most popular home remedies for fighting high blood pressure, preventing heart disease, lowering blood sugar levels, lowering cholesterol, and promoting weight loss. 
"The combination of garlic and lemon can be a great ally in the management of diabetes, as well as in the prevention of its most frequent complications."
How to use garlic and lemon being diabetic?
The benefits of garlic and lemon can be used together or separately  . When used as a remedy for diabetes, these are some of the most popular options:
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a cup of warm water to drink on an empty stomach.
- Cut 1 clove of raw garlic into thin slices, let it rest for 5 minutes and swallow them on an empty stomach as if it were a pill (you can take small sips of water).
- Prepare a garlic and lemon tea, adding both ingredients to a glass of warm water.
In addition, it is recommended to include them in your recipes frequently, for example:
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to salads, stews, soups, dressings, and meats.
- Add lemon juice to your drinks and homemade infusions.
- Infuse minced garlic in olive oil to spread on whole wheat toast or to dress salads, soups, roasted vegetables, etc.
- Add finely chopped garlic in sauces, dressings, creams.
Interested in the antidiabetic properties of lemon and garlic? Do you want to learn how to get more out of them? Finally, and as a complement to the information provided, I recommend you consult remediosparaladiabetes.org, where I found detailed articles on these and many other ingredients.
For the writing of this article, the following sources were consulted: