Coconut oil is a product from which we can take advantage of many properties for hygiene and beauty matters. Its effects have also been shown to slow down hair loss.
It has the ability to reduce the loss of protein, the main component of hair. While drying, ironing and chemicals make your hair weak and brittle, coconut oil replenishes lost proteins, devouring all its strength.
Since it is low in molecular weight, coconut oil is easily absorbed into the hair shaft. Thanks to this, it replenishes lost moisture, protecting your hair from dryness and dullness, and stopping hair loss.
The three types of fatty acids that make coconut oil so special are:
- Lauric acid: Dissolves fatty components quickly, just like oil. For this reason it is used to get rid of fungi, typical of dandruff, and also bacteria. Helps reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Caprylic acid: It is present in breast milk and is known as one of the best oils to treat fungi, especially the effect of yeast fungi that cause candidiasis and found in our intestines.
- Capric acid: Not to be confused with the previous one, as this acid has properties to kill bacteria and fungi so quickly that it rivals the previous acids. It also counteracts certain effects of lactose intolerance, and some intestinal parasites.
Home remedy with coconut oil, for hair loss
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil and honey. Over low heat, mix constantly until both ingredients are combined.
Wait for the mixture to cool until it is warm, then moisten your hair and apply the mask to the most damaged areas, usually from the middle to the ends.
Put on a shower cap and let the mask sit for 1 hour. Then you can rinse with warm water and wash your hair as usual.
The antimicrobial and antifungal properties of coconut oil have been used as a solution against excess dandruff and its symptoms. Your application calms irritation, reduces flakingand relieves the uncomfortable itching sensation. Its composition of fatty acids also stops fungal infection and eliminates this problem at its roots.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
How to use?
- Combine essential oils until you get a homogeneous product.
- Apply it all over the scalp and hair with gentle circular massages.
- Cover it with a hat and let it act for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat your application every three days.